The European Union supports ecotourism development in the Sutjeska National Park

The promotion of the achieved results under the EU funded project “Support to the development of ecotourism in the National Park Sutjeska” was held in the Information and Culture Centre in Foča on Thursday, 19 July 2012.

Johann Hesse, Head of Operations Section for Economic Development, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure of the EU Delegation to BiH, Mayor of Foca, Zdravko Krsmanovic, Director of the National Park Sutjeska, Zoran Cancar and Director of the Sarajevo Economic Regional Development Agency (SERDA), Sefkija Okeric, addressed all present.

The following project results were presented on this occasion, new tourist programmes offered by the Sutjeska National Park and new web site of the National Park, equipment which was officially handed over the Mountain Rescue Service as well as certificates on completion of trainings for mountain guides.

The total project value is 413,060.00 EUR, out of which 85% is funded by the EU. The remaining 15% is provided by Agency SERDA which implements the project in partnership with Foča Municipality and NGO EU TAC Sarajevo.