Visit of Head of EU Delegation/EUSR Sørensen to Fire brigade HQ Trebinje in connection with IPA Cross-border Co-operation (BiH - Montenegro) project 'Be Ready'.
Bosnia and Herzegovina currently participates in six programmes within the framework of the IPA Component II Cross Border Cooperation: three bilateral Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) Programmes with its immediate neighbours Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia, a CBC programme with EU Member States (IPA Adriatic CBC Programme) and two Transnational Programmes (South East Europe and Mediterranean).
IPA cross border cooperation combines cohesion and external relation objectives taking into account the specific individual needs of the border regions. The priorities for IPA CBC support are the following:
- supporting cross-border economic, social and territorial cooperation in border areas and therefore encouraging socio-economic development of bordering regions;
- addressing common challenges in fields such as environment, natural and cultural heritage, public health, prevention of and fight against organised crime;
- ensuring efficient and secure borders;
- promoting joint small scale local actions ("people-to-people");
- supporting networks, accessibility and emergency preparedness.
The cross–border programmes are adopted by the Commission and are jointly implemented by partner countries through joint calls for proposals covering the entire programme area, on both sides of the border.