The Flood Recovery project is announcing a Public call for the beneficiary selection from the socially and economically vulnerable categories of population. Public call covers beneficiaries whose homes have been destroyed or damaged in 2014 floods. Public call is announced in the following municipalities/cities: Cazin, Doboj Istok, Domaljevac-Šamac, Gorazde, Gračanica, Kakanj, Kalesija, Maglaj, Odžak, Orašje , Novi Vinodolski, Laktaši, Lopare, Modriča, Novi Grad, Srebrenik, Tešanj, Travnik, Tuzla, Vareš, Vogošća, Zavidovići, Zenica, Žepče, Banja Luka, Bijeljina, Bratunac, Brod, Doboj, Donji Žabar, Petrovo, Prijedor, Prnjavor, Šamac, Šekovići, Šipovo, Srbac, Teslić, Ugljevik, Vlasenica and Zvornik.
The public call is open from the 9 October 2017 to the 9 November 2017.
The Flood Recovery Project is funded by the European Union, in cooperation with the entity governments of FBiH and RS, and implemented by the United Nations Development Program in B&H, in partnership with the Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB), Hilfswerk International Austria (HWA), International Organization for Migration (IOM) along with the partner municipalities and cities. Project represents a continuation of flood recovery activities aimed at providing durable housing solutions, along with increasing livelihoods opportunities of the selected beneficiaries, including providion of agricultural assistance as well as self-employment initiatives.
General criteria for beneficiary selection (please refer to the Application form for more details):
- The applicant’s home has been destroyed as a result of the 2014 floods and / or landslides;
- The applicant was living in the destroyed home prior to and during the 2014 disaster;
- Applicant, along with other household members, does not own any other housing units which could be inhabitated;
- Applicant owns the damaged or destroyed housing facility;
- The housing facility has not been subject to rehabilitation activities through some of the earlier flood recovery projects.
- Household is in a state of social need.
- Household is socially/economically vulnerable.
Application forms are available at the following locations: the premises of municipalities/city administrations; social welfare centers; premises of the local communities and web pages of municipalities/city administrations. Applications can be submitted at the premises of the relevant municipality/city administration.
The final lists of selected beneficiaries will be published on the notice boards of municipalities/city administrations, social welfare centres, local communities , and on the website of municipalities and city administrations, along with UNDP’s web site in Bosnia and Herzegovina.