The Office of the EU Special Representative in BiH (EUSR) and the Norwegian Embassy to BiH are organizing ‘Education and Jobs Fair: Learn – Explore – Network’, which will be held on 20 March in the Borik Sports Hall in Banja Luka. The Fair will provide opportunities for the outsiders in the economy; unemployed youth and minority groups from across the country, to engage in direct talks with businesses and potential employers and to learn about employment and educational possibilities in BiH and abroad. At the same time, it will present an opportunity for businesses and institutions to present their work, to exchange information, to develop networks and to attract the attention of potential employees and interlocutors. In addition, participants will get an opportunity to learn more about the European Union and its engagement in BiH.
The Fair is the continuation of activities organized by EUSR and the Norwegian Embassy under the framework of Compact for Growth and Jobs. The first Education and Jobs Fair held in November 2014 in Zenica was the first event of its kind in Bosnia and Herzegovina and remarkable results were achieved: the Fair attracted 8,000 people from across the country and 863 people found employment as a result of activities organised during and after the Fair.
The Education and Jobs Fair in Banja Luka will allow participants to learn how to identify and develop their own talents, explore any opportunities that may already be available to them and begin to establish networks that may be of use to them in the future.
With the help of partners from Banja Luka, the Fair will present more than 1,000 job openings and offer lectures on a host of employment related topics.
The Banja Luka Fair will also introduce a number of innovations:
• Testing will take place for certain jobs and professions.
• Job matching will be done on the spot.
• “CV Clinic”, “Hot Seat” and “Brand Yourself” workshops will be available.
• “Photo Corner” for those wishing to have photo for their CV will be on hand.
• After the Fair, an online application will be developed that will map the needs and opportunities of education and employment, implementation of active employment policies, professional orientation, training and re-training, and monitoring and updating information on job seekers and those who have been hired.
If you would like to attend the Fair and find out about employment and educational offers, or if you would like to make yourself known to potential employers, please fill in the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, who will be handling all administrative and logistic issues. (Contact: 033/725-834 and 051/340-619).
Job seekers and students will be eligible for complimentary food and transport!